torsdag 23 februari 2012

My Last Chapter om In vino veritas

I discovered this band by accident on some blog I stumbled upon. Truth be told I couldn’t tell you exactly when/where I first heard of them. But what I can tell you is it certainly didn’t take long before I fell head-over-heels in love with their sound. If I said it took only a couple of minutes, that’s about five or six songs. 

Femtekolonnare starts off blasting, screaming blasphemies in every direction. It’s difficult to decide exactly what genre we’re dealing with here; they mix and match from all corners and across borders. Fastcore, rawpunk, crustcore, powerviolence, grindcore, whatever… One thing’s for sure; it’s punk. While I think a lot of people will compare these three lads to Massgrav(which I suppose serves its purpose, they do have a certain familiarity), this is so much more. Imagine the frenzied hardcore of The Locust mixed with the grinding of My Minds Mine/Blood I Bleed, the wicked fastcore blasting of xBraniax, the grindcore of Yacøpsæ, both the early grinding years as well as the later crusty years of Anatomi-71 and a huge dose of pure adrenaline, a massive slab of rage, and you’ve got yourself Femtekolonnare. But as I said they definitely cross the borders as well, just take a listen to the melodic intro to Privatisera mera!, or the black metal guitar line of Grevar och baroner

In vino veritas is an intense experience, with sixteen tracks lasting eleven minutes. Two lads screaming at the top off their lungs, but surpassing the regular dual vocal theme with their constant overlapping screams, adding even more energy to the already insanely adrenaline pumping recipe. It’s fast as hell, but with tons of nuances crammed into such short songs. They spew hatred on almost everything imaginable, from local politicians to governmental politicians, from hippies to pacifists, modern hardcore, straight edge practitioners, reggae listeners, neo-Nazi’s, and EU. Even Varg Vikernes gets a beating in Det som en gang var. While the lyrics are draped in sarcasm and irony they do get pretty damn serious with their manifest against drug companies and the privatization of pharmacies in Sweden, entitled Privatisera mera!. This demo comes highly recommended if you’re looking for intense grinding hardcorepunk. 

Written by Kristoffer - April 29, 2011




http://www.mylastchapter.net/index.php?page=femtekolonnare---in-vino-veritas-cd-r

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar